Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in White Rock
During business hours, please call our White Rock Optometry Clinic office at 604-536-4999 for further instructions. If your vision issue is urgent, do not delay treatment – visit your nearest emergency treatment center.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- New or worsening swelling or pain after eye surgery
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
DO call our eye care clinic in White Rock at 604-536-4999 for further instructions! We are here for you!